Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 8 - Tuesday July 6, 2010 - Tokyo to Singapore to Bali



Purification Ceremony at one of the palaces in Tokyo: Wash left hand, then right hand, then get fresh water from pump and rinse out mouth and spit.
Day 8 - started very early. It gets light here about 4 am and that keeps waking me up. Tokyo must be at the far east of their time zone. But I'm excited about my trip to Indonesia.

The Imperial Palace in Tokyo


The trip to Narita airport is about an hour and a half and I have a seat reserved on a shuttle bus picking me up before 8 am. I fly Singapore Air to Singapore and change planes there to Denpasar, Indonesia - the airport serving Bali.

So today is a travel day. Flights 5 and 6 of 18 total segments for a total of 4,370 miles. Only an hour and a half layover in Singapore and I arrive in Bali at 9:30 pm tonight.

More tomorrow from Bali, Indonesia.

1 comment:

  1. Tokyo sounds like it was a jam packed adventure. No wonder why they say you need two weeks to experience it. Safe travels to Bali. I can't wait to read the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete